Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A new stage

After doing a terrific stumble-through at the end of last week, Eric decided to use this week and into next week to start layering detail on our rough sketch. Yesterday and today were about Act I, fixing, redoing, and polishing, with great results. Of course, it ends up meaning that I need to write new underscoring and reprises where we find we need them, or when the old versions no longer fit the new staging. But that's pretty much what we're down to, at this point, since all the major numbers needed to be sent to Jonathan Tunick by the weekend.

On that note, the preliminary full scores keep arriving in the email, and if they sound half as hot as they look, watch out! I can't wait for Monday, our first orchestra reheasal. My last remaining assignments: underscoring for a bit of stage business in Act I, and sketching out the structure for the Entr'acte, Curtain Call and Exit Music (what the band plays as the audience is leaving). Though I'm sure as we go through Act II, we'll discover other things for me to do...

No comments: